Brett R. Smith, Ph.D. is Director, Institute for Entrepreneurship at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. He leads one of the leading undergraduate entrepreneurship programs in the U.S. (ranked in Top 25 in the country five years in a row). He founded the social entrepreneurship program which has won several international awards including:
- Best Undergraduate Program in U.S. in social entrepreneurship (GCEC),
- U.S. Department of State grants - Fulbright scholars from Afghanistan, N. Africa,
- Two-time Ashoka Innovation Award Winner (ELOC and MCM),
- Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship Innovation Award, and
- NYU Social Entrepreneurship Research Conference Best Paper Award.
His research has been featured in a number of leading academic and practitioner journals including Academy of Management Journal, Forbes, Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, Leadership Quarterly, and M.I.T’s Innovations. He speaks all over the world including at the United Nations, Nelson Mandela Foundation, TedX Youth, and a number of international universities. His work has been highlighted in Time, Business Week, Financial Times, Forbes, Fortune, CNN, MSNBC and more than 100+ other media outlets.